The best way you can prepare yourself for emergencies on the road is to have an emergency kit in your car, prepared for scenarios throughout the year. You never know when it could come in handy.
If you don’t have a vehicle emergency kit and would like to start one, here are some items to consider:
- A standard first-aid kit, which should include bandages, antibiotic ointment, gauze, etc.
- A spare cell phone charger and even, perhaps, a spare cell phone; you may also want to keep a written list of emergency contact information
- A quality flashlight with spare batteries
- A full bottle of unexpired sunscreen, as well as a few pairs of sunglasses and hats
- A spare dosage of any sort of medication you use regularly, as well as anything similar that may be needed for regular passengers
- A stock of non-perishable food items and fresh, clean water, which can be used for drinking as well as rinsing out wounds
Be safe this year, and for more tips and tricks, contact us or visit us anytime at Economy Nissan in Durango, CO.