Now that Halloween is behind us, many people are already looking towards the future of holiday decorations. However, we urge you to remain safe this year with your festivities, by following these holiday decoration guidelines:
- If you purchase an artificial tree, be sure to get one that is labeled “fire resistant,” and keep natural trees away from your fireplace.
- Only hang lights that have been tested for safety by a recognized company, and be sure that none of your old lights have fringed wires.
- Turn off your holiday lights at night, once everyone has gone to sleep, as they could short out and start a fire.
- Be careful with candles, and be sure not to place candles near any evergreen accents, be they real or fake.
- Lastly, be careful when decorating the mantle above your fireplace, as those objects are more likely than other decorations to catch on fire.
Do you have any other safety tips? Let Economy Nissan know your thoughts in the comments below. Visit us in Durango, CO to check out all of our great holiday Nissan sales today!